One way to never grow up is to keep learning new things! We always learn something new, and we will update this page with fun facts that we learn.
Trip Date – March 16-19, 2016 Hotel – Wyndham Lake Buena Vista
- There is a bus you can take from the front of the Magic Kingdom that goes directly to the Studios. I stumbled upon this while looking for a bus to an Epcot resort, figuring I would walk or take a friendship. This was much quicker and easier.
- If you rent a Sea Raycer from one of the Epcot resorts you can drive it all the way to the Studios (the same route that the Friendships go).
- At Disney Springs, the line for Ghirardelli’s ice cream is usually sooo long. I learned after getting my free chocolate caramel square in the shop right next door, you can order malts or milkshakes , along with a variety of coffees and drinking chocolate with hardly any wait at all. We did this 2 nights in a row and it was such a time saver. I really enjoyed the variety of ice cream options available minus the wait.
- There is a hilarious freestyle rap duo that performs at Disney Springs (on the West Side, near the food trucks). I highly recommend checking out their show, it is too funny!
Trip Date – December 12-14, 2015 Hotel – Pop Century
- There is an alligator that lives on the hill across from Tom Sawyer’s island.
- If you don’t want to wait to watch the Candle Light Processional in Epcot, walk right up to the 8pm performance and stand in the back (without entering the theater). You get a clear view without the 2+ hour wait.
- The Seas Pavilion offers a dolphin show each afternoon.
- There is a cat in the Christmas scene in the Carousel of Progress.
Trip Date – October 10-12, 2015 Hotel – Walt Disney World Dolphin
- The architect who designed the Swan and Dolphin actually designed the flow of the resort to be somewhat confusing. I didn’t realize this until I entered the lobby and could not figure out where the check in desk was. Nothing was labeled, so I walked up to what I thought was the check in desk and curiously asked, is this where I check in? Luckily I was in the right spot.
- Bay Lake’s deepest depth is 16 feet.
- Celebration buttons, such as birthday or anniversary are now available at any Theme Park store. You used to have to go to Town Hall in the MK, or guest services at other parks to obtain.
- In EPCOT, there is a stand outside between Journey Into Imagination and the Land that has healthy snack options such as fruit and cheese, veggies and hummus, and pita chips.
- Disney now makes certain snacks with non-GMO labels. Baby steps, but glad to know they are acknowledging that some guests try to avoid GMOs when possible.
Trip Date – July 25-27, 2015 Hotel – Animal Kingdom Lodge
- There is a vast area of land behind the Animal Kingdom park where they grow all the food for the animals on site. Everything is cut fresh daily and fed to the animals. They never have anything that’s been laying around for days.
- Discovery Island, in the Animal Kingdom park, was named after the original on Bay Lake to pay homage.
- The birds that lived on Discovery Island were relocated to the Animal Kingdom park, however…they only go during the day to get fed and fly back to their home of the original Discovery Island every night at sunset. If you happen to be aboard one of the ferries departing Fort Wilderness, Wilderness Lodge or the Contemporary you might catch a glimpse!
- The Electrical Water Pageant was only supposed to be performed the first week that Walt Disney World opened in 1971. It was such a success that they kept it going and it has been running nightly ever since. It also started off with the music that we all now know as the Main Street Electrical Parade. That was given to the parade and new music was written for the pageant.
- The lights at River Country are turned on each night, we aren’t sure why – but we did notice that for the first time on this trip.